Saturday 13 September 2014

Missing Coffee



Today's post is short.

In my teenage years -when I was old enough to drink coffee*- I only drank instant coffee -horrible- and I liked it but not the after taste, so my relationship with it was a love-hate. That was what we had at home.


When I travelled to Costa Rica I stayed in a friends apartment and they couldn't believe that we bought instant coffee. They had their real coffee equipment with real roasted beans and it tasted like heaven to me.

I remember my dad using Kimbo ground coffee for his press coffee maker at the end of meals and a few years ago my father got a Nespresso coffee machine and I got used to drink coffee even without milk or sugar because I really wanted to taste the flavor of coffee itself and that's a big step for me -and my sweet tooth-.

Here comes the sad part. Now in Sydney I almost don't drink coffee anymore -occasionally a cappuccino at some cafe-, but mostly tea. I refuse to buy instant and I don't have a coffee machine, yet -don't start a Kickstarter that project for my coffee maker, thanks though-. 

But I started working at this lovely cafe on weekends where I've tried different types of coffees like the Piccolo Latte -my favorite- and the Chai Latte so me needs are being taken care off. 

To share my passion about this perfect beverage I will write another posts about the Barista and Latte Art class I took at The Gounds and another about the different brew methods out there. 

*I wrote 'old enough to drink coffee' because I truly believe that coffee is not for children and the reason for it is that they usually don't appreciate nor have access to good coffee and if they drink poor quality coffee they will get sick. Plus I would never ever share a good roasted bean or Nespresso capsule with a kid -yeah, maybe I'm a little mean-.