Monday 10 November 2014

Manly Wine

For my boyfriend's birthday I wanted to do something special. He had the idea of spending all Sunday on Manly and I wanted to take him to a fancy restaurant where we could have a nice lunch and drinks.

As we where going on a sunny Sunday I decided to make a reservation the day before to avoid waiting in the bar and to ensure a table at the terrace.






Manly Wine suited perfectly for the occasion. Great menu, amazing ocean and beach view, fancy drinks and cool music.

We got there at 2pm and had drinks, a glass of Sauv Blanc for me and a Dolores&Pedro -the closest to a Pisco Sour- for him. As an entrée we ordered a Scallop ceviche, chilli, coriander, lime, wasabi -almost no spicy in this, so if you don't eat spicy you'll do fine-.


We had Drunken pork chop, apple slaw, vinegar potatoes, pork crackle and Black Angus “Reserve” 250gm sirloin with Charred brocollini, chilli, preserved lemon on a side. Everything was delicious!
When I got back from the restroom Antonio tells me that the sommelier came to our table asking if I liked brownies as a birthday surprise. So he let her think it was my birthday and I had to act surprised when she came with the delicious dessert -of course my face turned red haha-.
We stayed there for a little while longer, enjoying the view. Then we went down to the beach and walked towards Shelly Beach and through the streets to get to the other side near the Manly Wharf to take the 5pm ferry back to Circular Quay.



The day was perfect and we had a great time.

Manly Wine
8-13 S Steyne, Manly
NSW 2095
Sydney, Australia