Wednesday 26 November 2014

A New Social Network


Have you heard about Ello?

Maybe you did a few months ago but didn't feel like trying another social network where your friends are not present. I mean why be in a social network where you can't socialize with your friends? 

LEARN But that's the thing with Ello, it encourages you to get out of your comfort zone, away from babies, cats, engagement rings and crossfit posts. People actually post things that make you interested and curious away from "people talk". You can find inspiration.

NSFW It allows you to express whatever you want, even NSFW posts - a nude photo won't be censored like in Facebook or Instagram would be-. I can hear you thinking about Tumblr, yeah, Tumblr has plenty of NSFW content but the thing here is that's focused on art.

FREE It's really ad free and game free -say goodbye to Candy Crush, Pet Rescue and Farm Heroes invites-. We are almost used to everything being invaded with ads and for me ads have always been graphics out of context. There are no sponsor messages or posts in Ello and things most of the time we don't want to see. 

DESIGN Love the minimalist design. It keeps the focus on the posts and makes photos look so much better.

NOISE And the best of all, is the Noise feature where you can silent those annoying oversharing friends -I'm talking about 5+ post a day people-. 

I think I'll use it to post beautiful photos and to write something about the time I took it. Just like my blog.

This is my first Ello post in this new social network.