Wednesday 8 October 2014

Travel Diaries: London 01

Millenium Bridge and St. Paul's Cathedral, London, UK.

MILLENIUM BRIDGE & ST. PAUL'S CATHEDRAL

Everything started last year -2013- when I found myself feeling trapped in a job that didn't let me grow, my friends following their personal paths -getting married a lot, working, having other groups of friends aside, whatever- and a fat savings account.


I've always been a hard worker -from packing at a large supermarket to social events photography- and great at saving.

I had two ideas in my head: move out of my parents house or going to Europe for the first time.

Everything came clear when I ended a long relationship with my boyfriend, I knew I needed to get out and see the world.

In a matter of months I bought tickets to Madrid, I quitted my job, sold my car and gave away half of my closet and on March 26th, 2014 I was boarding my flight to this new continent with one bag and full of dreams, ready to see the world.

First I landed in Madrid for a few hours and took another flight to London. Exhausted and nervous I took a cab service and the creep driver charged me extra £10 and I cried -I reported the incident to the cab company and they offered me a compensation- finally I arrived to my first Airbnb experience.

Richard and Peyvand were my hosts and they were the best, I stayed at their apartment for two and a half weeks. It was located at Caledonian Road near Kings Cross Station. I recommend their Airbnb if you're traveling alone.

The next day the sun was brighter :) I had a nice rest and was ready to see my first european city! I was so happy.


Trafalgar Square, London, UK.

TRAFALGAR SQUARE


Tate Modern Art Gallery, London, UK.

TATE MODERN


Saint Paul's Cathedral, London, UK.

ST. PAUL's cathedral

On my first weekend I went to the National Portrait Gallery, the National Gallery, Trafalgar Square and I met with my friend Camila and we celebrated life and laugh about the world at Jamie's Italian. I went to the Buckingham Palace, the Tate Modern, St. Paul's Cathedral, Carnaby Street and Liberty London -!!!- among others.

On Sunday me and my friend attended to a Vogue's Fashion Masterclass the Vogue Festival 2014 held in the Southbank Centre and we had a blast!

Here are some pictures and I don't want to make this post that long so in the next one I'll tell you about my Ceramic classes at Central Saint Martins!


Carnaby Street, London, UK.

CARNABY STREET

Horse Guards Parade, London, UK

HORSE GUARDS PARADE


Bali Bombing Memorial, London, UK.

BALI MEMORIAL & ME


Le Pain Quotidien, Southbank, London, UK.

Cam at LE PAIN QUOTIDIEN AT VOGUE's festival 2014