Thursday 18 September 2014

Independence Day


Today my country is celebrating and here in Sydney is a day like any day.
The most memorable Independence day for me was with my family in my parents lake house when I was about 7 or 8 years old. It was raining cats and dogs, like if you opened the shower and we had to move all the celebration from the terrace to the garage where it was dry. We stayed there all day hanging flags, moving tables and preparing the food for our guests. When they arrived we had the greatest time laughing, playing games, eating delicious food and dancing 'cueca' our chilean traditional dance.


My greatest Independence days have been with my family and now they are all -minus my brother who's with his friends- in the same lake house having a great time and eating delicious traditional food.

I'm not sad but grateful of having a beautiful and imperfect family and this are the times of the year when I wish I could be sharing with them but in the other hand I know there are many Independence days to come.

¡Feliz 18 de Septiembre para todos!