Sunday 21 September 2014

(Late) Morning Run & Exercise


I'm a really visual person an I have the most active and graphic imagination.

I've always tried to exercise, if I don't feel my heart rate raising for a long time I can feel it turning in to a rock. Heart muscles atrophying slowly till they turn in to a rock.


I think this -mind- picture of my heart as a rock comes from my fear to heart attacks. A week after my 10th birthday my dad had a heart attack while he was at the dentist. Happily everyone reacted really well and he lived. 

There are many ways to make your heart stop working and I think that the lack of exercise is one of the most dangerous.

Right now I have plenty of free time and I try to run for 20 minutes minimun -to raise my heart rate- and then I go to the exercise station of the park where I do about 200 abs, 200 squats, 30 push-ups and lots of stretching. Is not the most professional routine but works for me.

The difficult part is to go out but once I'm at the park listening to cool music surrounded by nature and breathing clean air I start to enjoy it, thinking about how my heart and muscles are working -and the bikini that I want to wear in two more months!-.

Don't kill yourself exercising but try to be constant.