Monday 27 October 2014

Camp Cove Beach

Spring has arrived in Sydney and it's high temperatures make me run to the beach whenever I can. I arrived to Sydney on winter and now I can see the city's true colors, people jogging till late hours, everyone's feeling a bit happier and flowers in every corner. Camp Cove beach is certainly my happy place to go sunbathing and swimming, people get there early in the morning and days are getting longer, so you can stay till late 6pm.

It was on my Sydney to-do-list to visit as many beaches I can and so long, Camp Cove beach is the winner -I've only been to Bondi and Milk Beach so far, but I plan to go to Coggee this weekend-.

I live near the City, so getting to Camp Cove can be quite a journey specially on Sundays after working at the cafe, but it's definitely worth it. I usually take the bus near Kings Cross Station and get to Watson's Bay in about 45 mins.



Nice detail on that door.


A group of people on one of the boats were having a barbecue!


After a few hour of swimming and sun bathing, we walked to the Hornby lighthouse located at The Gap, about 15 minutes walking from the beach, where we could see Manly in front of us and the open sea on our right. Is and impressive place to be where you can feel like a tiny ant in front of such immensity.


         

There are many restaurants near by and the Watson's Bay Boutique Hotel is beautiful, next time I want to have lunch or maybe a glass of cider. It has great vibes and a nice design with blue and white stripped umbrellas.

If you haven't been in this area I can't recommend it enough!

XX
Carolina.