Sunday 19 October 2014

Sydney Noodle Markets 2014

SYDNEY NOODLE MARKETS 2014
Watch out! 

After this post you'll be drooling and hungry.


If you want to continue reading you should go find some Tim Tams or whatever kind of cookie you like, because reading about food hungry is the worst thing I can do.


"The Night Noodle Markets is the landmark Good Food Month event and has been since its inception in 1998. In 2013 over 200,000 guests came to Hyde Park to soak up the authentic Asian hawker market atmosphere."



If you're in Sydney till the 26th this is an obligated stop. 


Ove the Hyde Park there are over 50 stalls of asian food waiting to be chosen by you to try their delights, there's music, alcohol and lots of good vibes.


I have little experience with asian food so I did my homework after getting there.


The favorites of all timesMamak, Longrain, Din Tai Fung and New Shanghai.


The newcommersHarajuku Gyoza, Asia Dogs and Wonderbao.


The first time I decided to try Din Tai Fung and I ordered: Pork Buns ($6). 


Delicious with soy sauce on top, if not, it has no taste till you get to the center filled with pork. I've also been loving cider more than beer so I tried the Thatcher's Cider ($8.5).



ONE PORK BUN LEFT :)

The second time I was at the market, I tried the food from Wonderbao, where we ate Pork Belly Gua Baos. So much flavor and better than the Pork Buns because they had pickled mustard, coriander and crushed peanuts ($7) -those penauts-.



WONDERBAO STALL

There are 7 more days to go and want to try the Ramen Burger at One Tea and Grill and the May's Laksa House's Hainanese chicken rice and char kwai teow which I really don't know what has in it, but what's the point of eating only stuff that you know? Where's the fun in that!?


LUCK AT THE ENTRANCE AND GUA BAOS

If any reader has a recommendation about asian food I'd be glad to know and I hope you find this post interesting.


XX

Carolina.